Saturday, February 6, 2016

Toddler Bible Journaling



Deuteronomy 6:5-8New International Version (NIV)

Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. These commandments that I give you today are to be on your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads.

Just recently, I've noticed Clyde has been learning so many things. He is counting, learning colors, and a lot of basics he'll need as he gets older and starts school.  I just love watching his mind grow! But it also reminded me that his mind is not the only thing that is growing. His heart is growing too. As a parent, I'm responsible for guarding and cultivating love and understanding in that growing heart. 
So today he joined me in bible journaling!


 I bought him some water colors and a plain white notebook. At night when we say our prayers, I tell him how God loves him. So I wrote "God Loves Me" on today's page and let him color to his heart's content. 

My notes today were inspired from a cute t-shirt I saw online that said "Raising Arrows". It was meant to highlight Psalm 127:3-5. The bible describes children as arrows in a hand of a warrior, and how blessed is the man with a quiver full of them. To me, I loved the reminder that we are blessed to have children, but by "raising arrows" we must also be responsible for them.  The same way a warrior cares for his weapons and prepares them for battle, we also must also prepare the young hearts in our house as they get older and face their own battles. 

Stay tuned for more toddler bible journaling. I'd love for you to share your own ideas for teaching toddlers and young ones about God. Please add your thoughts to the comments below!  



No comments:

Post a Comment